Composite Compressive Strength Modeller, version 1.4, 1999
Sutcliffe MPF, Xin XJ, Fleck NA, Curtis PT.
CUED technical report, CUED/C-MICROMECH/TR.35, 2000.
This manual describes Composite Compressive Strength Modeller (CCSM) - a design tool for
deformation analysis and failure prediction of composite materials which runs under Microsoft
Windows. It supersedes the earlier version of the software, Cambridge Composite Designer
CCSM incorporates the following features:
- Classical laminate theory for the prediction of lamiante elastic properties;
- Stress and strain analysis when in-plane forces and/or bending moments are applied;
- Unnotched failure prediction by conventional failure criteria and the Budiansky-Fleck
compressive failure criterion;
- Compressive failure prediction for notched composite plates, with graphical output;
- A user-expandable database to store material and geometrical properties.